Monday, 2 February 2015
Beauty mistakes I made as a noughties teenager
I was putting my makeup on this morning and I just thought to myself, 'when did my makeup routine get so complicated'?! I then spent the next twenty minutes thinking about my beauty routine as a teenager and VOILA! this blog post was born.
1. Wearing white eyeliner as an erm, eyeshadow. This literally makes me cringe and scrunch up my nose as I genuinely thought it was the BEST look ever. It was hideous.
2. Being scared of mascara and over compensating with a kohl black eyeliner instead by just wearing a thick black line of it on my waterline. My eyes were basically non existent.
3. Absolutely dousing myself in Vanderbilt perfume that I'd stolen off my Mum only for my friends to say 'CAN ANYONE ELSE SMELL OLD LADIES?!' every five minutes. Awks.
4. Having at least 5 tubs of Vaseline in my bag that were all dented and had been scratched within an inch of their lives (bored in lessons + compass = scratched vaseline tub).
5. Scraping my hair into the tightest ponytail ever then combing out all of the lumps because it needed to be PERFECT. Then adding some gel to make sure it stayed slick all day long.
6. Discovering Dream Matte Mousse foundation and insisting that a shade that was 3 times darker than my actual skin tone was just made for me, y'know?! Obviously a foundation line is essential cause who would know you're wearing it otherwise? DUH.
7. Having a major hissy fit because the minty Natural Collection lip gloss was completely sold out in Boots and I just needed massive lips like my friends.
8. BARRY M DAZZLE DUST!! Need I say more? but seriously, I used to wear the bright green one right up to my brow bone. I'm so ashamed right now.
9. Wearing concealer. On my lips. Come on, you did it too!
10. Getting shouted at by my Mum for using all the cucumbers for my fresh face mask. Cheers Shout magazine.
11. Getting up an hour earlier to go to my friends house cause she had GHD's. Then straightening my hair until it was flat on my head and having a total melt down if it rained.
12. Going weeks without removing my chipped nail varnish because nobody really cared what your nails looked like. Did they?
13. Having lips that constantly looked like you'd just ate a greasy bag of chips because you couldn't stop applying your fav clear lipgloss.
What beauty mistakes did you make as a teenager?! Can you relate to any of these?