It's my Mum's birthday today and unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend it with her thanks to living 230 miles away. I know it sounds cliche but I honestly didn't appreciate my Mum as much as I thought I did until moving away! I'm not good with emotional stuff so instead of writing a long gushy facebook message (like my sister did!), I thought I'd write a little post dedicated to my Mum that I think a lot of you will also be able to relate to. Here are 13 reasons why your mum will always be your best friend!
1. Whether you want a rant, cry or just need someone to talk to, you can call your mum at absolutely any time for a chat and you know she'll be there to listen. A chat with your mum will instantly brighten your mood.
2. She will always cook you your favourite meals when you go home to visit and won't complain about having to make multiple trips out to buy forgotten ingredients!
3. You can tell her your deepest darkest secrets and she won't judge you for it.
4. She makes the best cakes. I think Mum's just have a secret ingredient because I can never get my cakes to taste like hers *insert heart broken emoji here*
5. You know that lost MAC lipstick that's been missing for ages? YOUR MUM WILL FIND IT IN ABOUT 0.10 SECONDS!
6. She will give you the confidence to do anything your heart desires, be it an interview for your dream job, wearing that dress you don't think looks good or conquering the world single handedly.
7. When you've got a weird rash on your hand and you don't know what it is, your mum will be able to give you the answer instantly. I mean, she's practically a doctor with the amount of Casualty she's watched in her time.
8. You can sing your heart off in front of her and instead of laughing at you, she'll just join in instead.
9. She would give you her last £1 in the world because she'd rather herself go without than you.
10. She'll support you with anything even if she doesn't necessarily agree with said thing!
11. All she ever cares about is your happiness. She'd never bitch about you behind your back and would put anyone straight if they even tried.
12. She may be double your age but you still have so much in common - perfumes, makeup, clothes & music!
13. Your mum will always be there for you and will be the one person you can rely on for life.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!