Monday, 12 October 2015
13 things that only girls who are obsessed with makeup will understand
1. You have to make a conscious effort not to let your jaw drop/eyes widen when your friend doesn't know what contouring is.
2. When you swatch a lipstick in Boots and fall head over heels in love with the shade only to get home to realise you actually already own it. Oops. A backup never hurt anyone though, right?!
3. You might already own 30 highlighters but this one is just different, OK?!
4. When you ask your sister if you can borrow some makeup wipes and she gives you a single wipe. ONE WIPE?! You think it took me an hour and a half to apply a wipes worth of makeup? Get real, sistaaaa.
5. You spend most days tired because you stay awake until ridiculous AM screenshotting hot girls' makeup on instagram.
6. You actually want to cry when your MAC lip gloss starts smelling like vinegar and you have to throw it away. Sob.
7. De-cluttering your makeup collection is the worst time of your life. YOU JUST LOVE EVERYTHING!
8. Your MAC lipsticks are like your children. Literally.
9. Your boyfriend edges away from you when you go to cuddle him because of those 2048293 times you ruined his t-shirt with foundation stains. Sozza.
10. You don't even blink when the cashier in Debenhams tells you your makeup purchases are £237 but you turn around and your mum's fainted.
11. You go into Superdrug with the intention of buying a deodorant and tampons and come out with 6 lipsticks, 3 nail polishes, 5 bronzers and a beauty blender.
12. When you spend two hours on your makeup and finally master the perfect winged eyeliner to then find out it looks horrendous in photos. Camera, why you deceiving me?!
13. You can't properly focus on the story line of any film/tv show because you're too busy trying to work out what shade of lipstick your fav character is wearing.