Thursday, 21 January 2016
YO YO YO! I actually say yo in real life despite me being the most non gangster person you'll ever meet. So after moving back home to live with my Grandad, I was like GOD, there are so many things nobody tells you about living alone and then this blog post was born. Hope ya like it!
1. You actually have to do the washing up every single day unless of course you leave it 'til the next day meaning you have DOUBLE the amount of washing up.
2. Get ready to face your fears because you will need to confront those spiders/moths/wasps/other creepy crawlies head on. Lets face it, there will probably be tears.
3. SORRY, HOW MUCH IS THAT CHEESE?! I'll just buy those plastic cheese singles instead.
4. Remembering to pay bills is hard but finding the best deals on internet/sky is even harder. Comparison sites will take over your life!
5. The cleaning aisle in Tesco will be the most exciting yet overwhelming place ever. What's the difference between multi surface and multi action?! Do I buy wood polish or glass polish or do I just buy a multi one?! LIFE IS HARD!
6. Your heart drops when your friend drops a bit of his food on your floor. DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW LONG I SPENT HOOVERING THIS?!
7. You will buy countless amounts of tea towels that all seem to disappear whenever you need one.
8. The feeling of cracking out a brand spanking new washing up sponge will brighten up your day.
9. You will seriously consider eating 32p noodles for a week just so you can afford that £25 lipstick.
10. Being ill and having nobody else in the house is the worst. You have to make your own soup and drinks and there's nobody there to just go out and buy you lucozade!
11. Why did nobody teach me how to change a bulb and more importantly, what replacement bulb do I need to buy? THERE ARE HUNDREDS.
12. You will quickly learn that nightmares = sleepless nights and ten trips to the front door to make sure it's locked.
13. Cleaning a toilet makes you gag and accidentally touching the toilet without gloves will actually make you full on vom.
Are there any more things that you didn't realise about living alone?!
Wednesday, 20 January 2016
It's been forever since I posted a beauty review which is odd since I talk about makeup 80% of the time. I came across photos of the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit when browsing through some forgotten folders and I genuinely cannot believe I haven't already blogged about this little beauty gem!
If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know that I'm a massive fan of Seventeen. Every single product I've tried from the brand has ended up as a makeup staple and since i'm a contour enthusiast I needed this nifty little kit in my life.
I particularly like the packaging - it's sturdy, black, photogenic and small enough to pop in your makeup bag. The kit comes in either fair or medium. In hindsight, I kind of wish I'd bought the medium one as I fake tan quite a lot so it'd probably be more effective. However, at the time of purchase I was reppin' the pale gal look so I shouldn't moan too much. The kit contains a highlighter and contour which are both SHIMMER free. It's so difficult to find both highlight and contour shades that are completely matte so well done Seventeen, you complete babes.
As you can see, both the highlighter and contour are quite subtle which means you can layer to your hearts content until you reach your desired shade and you won't look cakey - massive plus point! The kit is perfect for those just starting out with contour and for it's teeny £5.99 price tag, even if you decide it's not for you, it won't break the bank. Try it, I dare ya.
Thursday, 14 January 2016
One of the most exciting parts since recently becoming a single gal is being able to download Tinder. Gone are the days of playing Tinder on my friends phones and I'm now living the actual life of Tinderella. Naturally, since I live for list posts, this one is dedicated to the most seedy dating app around. Here are 13 things you'll be able to relate to if you're a regular Tinds (yeah, I just abbreviated that) user:
1. Feeling soz for someone who has super liked you and liking them back despite you not even fancying them.
2. When you run out of people in your area and panic because NOW YOU'VE GOT TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO PEOPLE YOU'VE MATCHED WITH.
3. Matching with the most beautiful person you've ever seen only for them to message you with 'how r u hun, luv ur legs wrapped round my neck'. Dream over.
4. Getting a seriously long paragraph message whilst you're busy doing something and thinking you'll reply later, only you forget and then get a really abusive message about how you've ruined their day. Awks. Unmatch, UNMATCH, UNMATCH.
5. Matching with someone purely because they're your mate in real life. To then receive a message asking how long you've wanted to sleep with them for...pass me a bucket, I'm gonna vom.
6. Meeting someone out in public who you didn't respond to on Tinder and feeling totes guilty because they were actually cute. Sob.
7. You have to regularly change your bio in a desperate attempt to stop all the samey messages. USE YOUR IMAGINATION, BOYS!
8. You see enough 'hey, hows you x' messages to make you want to drink a pint of bleach. Ok, maybe not that extreme.
9. Matching with someone seriously hot who you have no mutual friends with and slyly trying to message them cryptic questions to make sure they're not your sister/ex boyfriend/work colleague.
10. Getting angry at a message because it's a blatant copy and paste that they spam all their tinder hoe's with...I WANT TO BE YOUR ONLY ONE *imagine broken heart emoji here*
11. Having tons of laugh out loud bants with a hottie so you give him your number only to get instantly whatsapped a dick pic. Throw me that Bridget Jones dvd, I'm gonna be single for life.
12. Speaking to a guy for a while and thinking, I'll have a cheeky
13. The guys that won't give you their facebook profile because they "hardly go on it"...YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO HIDE, JACK, 28 AND YOU KNOW IT. At this point you can either stop talking or become Sherlock...I become Sherlock.
Soz, can't write anymore...I'm off to POF.